sunnuntai 6. syyskuuta 2015

Formless Spawn painted

The paintwork for the Formless Spawn by Avolak Castings is pretty much done, All that is left to do is spray the whole thing with glossy varnish, and then apply matt varnish on the cobblestones. Not having done much painting recently, as this blog can also testify, I just wanted some quick and easy colour scheme, and it came out pretty much like I visioned it. In fact, the most time consuming part of this figure was building the cobblestone base. I usually tend to keep my bases minimalistic, and to that end cast them myself from a Hirst Arts Fieldstone pattern floor tiles, but here I wanted to go a bit scenic, to create the impression that the creature is bursting from beneath the  pawed street of the town. So I filed a couple of tiles to about 1/2-1/3 of their original thickness, cut them up to separate 'stones', and built the basing from those bricks. Now the base both match my other minis, and yet conveys something about the creature. I'm quite pleased with the result, although there could have been a bit more movement about the placing of the stones. Then again, it is meant to slowly emerge from beneath the surface, not to burst out violently. A bigger base might have helped, too.


But man, it was so nice to paint something for a change.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti