lauantai 29. elokuuta 2015

Formless Spawn by Avolak Castings


I haven't really done much at all with miniatures recently. But as I was making some random browsing for Deep Ones/Kuo-toa in miniature, I came across this guy, and was instantly smitten. Available from Avolak Castings, who have a small but impressive range of Lovecraftian miniatures. Officially it's depicting a Formless Spawn (of Tsathoggua), and I have great plans for it.

The body is tow-part resin cast, the hands and some tentacles are from metal, and everything fitted together very well. I mostly ended up pinning everything out of habit rather than need. There was some minor flash on the resin parts, actually hardly even worth mentioning, and if my aging eyes did not deceive me, a couple of air bubbles on the resin body might have been worked over with some clear filler, which was quite impressive dedication to quality. Despite all that, the whole miniature cost 12 euros, so there's tremendous value for money here. There was no real webshop on the site, but everything worked out via a couple of emails, and a professionally packed figure arrived from Spain to Finland quite speedily. And the postage did not cost arm or tentacle, either.

The figure fitted neatly on it's 50mm round base, but it would not look off on a 60mm base either, especially if one intends to do some scenic work with the base.

There are good miniatures, and then there are great ones. I had not thought of Ruins and Ratmen for a while, and yet as I saw this miniature, I a) knew that I needed to have it, and b) I instantly thought of an endgame scenario for R&R. So welcome, little guy. I hope my meagre skills can do you justice.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti